Sunday 10 May 2015

A New Phone

Hey Guy SighFye here.

Today I got myself a new phone. It all started on Friday when I woke up to get ready for work. My new puppy, (for those following the vote on the geek community, the name has been picked and I will reveal it soon), had chewed through the internet cable. At the moment, because he is not toilet trained, his bedroom is the toilet. I punished him by placing him in the toilet then did my morning... "business". After I finished I stood and hear a splash behind me. Oh No :S

EDIT: No I do not put the puppy in the toilet bowl and pee on him. His bedroom is the toilet room. LOL

My phone has slipped out of my dressing gown pocket and into the loo. No this is not my loo nor my toilet. I didn't have a damn phone to take a picture.

So in need of a new phone I decided to get a cheapie $79 phone. The Samsung Galaxy Trend Plus was what I ended up buying.


SIM Single SIM
Display Type TFT capacitive touchscreen, Multitouch upto 2 fingers, 16M colors
Display Size and Resolution 480 x 800 pixels, 4.0 inches (~233 ppi pixel density)
Body Features Dimensions- 121.5 x 63.1 x 10.6 mm (4.78 x 2.48 x 0.42 in) and Weight- 118 g (4.16 oz)
Internal Memory 4 GB internal storage, 768 MB RAM
External Memory MicroSD, up to 64 GB
Processor (CPU) Dual-core 1.2 GHz Cortex-A9
Chipset BCM 28145/28155
Graphics (GPU) Broadcom VideoCore IV
Primary/Rear/Back Camera 5 MP, 2592 х 1944 pixels, autofocus, LED flash
Camera Features Geo-tagging, 720p@30fps
Secondary Camera Yes, VGA
Android version Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean
Battery Type Li-Ion 1500 mAh battery
GPRS Yes
EDGE Yes
Data Speed HSDPA, 21 Mbps; HSUPA, 5.76 Mbps
WLAN Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, DLNA, Wi-Fi hotspot
Bluetooth v4.0 with A2DP
USB Micro USB v2.0
Audio Out 3.5mm jack
Loudspeaker Yes
Sensors Accelerometer, proximity, compass
GPS Yes, with A-GPS support and GLONASS
FM Radio Stereo FM radio with RDS
Video Player MP4/H.263/H.264/WMV player
Audio Player MP3/eAAC+/WMA/WAV player
TV-Out No



I haven't yet had the chance to use it too much but I have to say, on first impressions, I feel like I have my old S3 back. The display is really sharp and the touch responses are really good too. Watching YouTube is really clear and the sound is great too. So far, I can not find a fault with this phone. Ok if you are going for top of the range features like, S-Beam, S-Voice and that thing that doesn't turn off your phone display if you are looking, then this phone will lack for you. But seriously. I had the S3 for over 2 years and NEVER used those features unless I was showing off what my phone could do.

For a cheap android phone, the galaxy trend plus has me smiling all the way.
If I find any issues with it over the next few weeks I will comment on the post to let you all know.

Geek it up readers
Thank s for reading. You can follow me on twitter and please share and comment this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment