Monday 4 May 2015

Minecraft Monday - Kill The Beast - E1: The Beginning

Hey Guys SighFye here and I'm starting another series.

Well technically, I'm starting two series. Minecraft Monday and Kill The Beast. Kill the Beast is going to be my attempt at Killing the Ender Dragon on Hardcore mode. For those that have followed me on YouTube will know I have started this endeavour before but I am not very interesting to listen to while I play, and a silent play is just... well, shit. So let's get into it...

Episode 1: The Beginning



I spawned on the shore of a river. After playing Minecraft for some time and dying numerous times because I forgot to get food, I decided the best first step is to sort out some food. My plan was to make a sword and kill some sheep, cows or whatever else I could find to make into food. While making the sword I figured I would also use the wood to make myself a not so trusty wooden pickaxe. This way I can at least move myself to the stone age with ease.


Within the first minute of playing I thought I had stumbled upon a dungeon. Okay, I'm not that well equipped for such an adventure but the rewards may be worth it. While typing this out I realised I can not be playing in that manner. I am on hardcore. Mental note, no more risky play. To my surprise I did not find a dungeon. I had found myself in a biome I had never seen before where these things pop up everywhere.


Walking along I found myself at the top of a chasm. In my normal gameplay, this would be my gold mine, my starting point. How many minerals were waiting for me at the bottom. I almost started my descent when I realised I still had not found any food. My new rule meant I had to continue looking.


Onwards I went, deeper and deeper into the world. Would I find any food anywhere. I managed to find a few brown mushrooms but without the red what good were they? With the sun high in the sky it felt like I was lost in a forest with no way to find help.

When I was about to quit and start work on a wheat farm I found my salvation in a few feathered friends. Friends I would soon call, Lunch and Dinner. I attacked with a mighty blow, pushing my first meal off the edge. I did manage to kill a few and complete my first task.



My next task was to make some armor. Personally, I always skip the leather armor and go straight for iron. So the next task at hand, to find a place to set up base and start mining. Looking around I found a flat based ground surrounded by high dirt walls. To me this looked like the perfect place to build my home. And to my pleasant surprise I found some red mushrooms to complete my mushroom soup.



Night fell as I cleared land and built the essentials. I needed light and fast. With the stone dug out from clearing I built my first stone tools. My home base was floored with coal so I mined it all out with my little, more trusty, stone pickaxe. I started building my mine to find iron ore. I did take a screenshot of this but they were too dark so I decided not to use them in this blog.


In the mine I only found more and more coal. Okay its a good find at first but I really wanted to get myself some iron ore. As time went on I realised day was upon me. I returned to the surface with no iron ore. With day light I started on my wheat farm. Finding a small patch of dirt along side a river.



With my food supply in plenty for now the only thing I needed was iron ore. I found a small cave close to my home and decided to explore. The cave was deep, at first I found only coal. Deeper and deeper I went. Finally I stumbled upon my goal, iron ore. I mined it out and a short walk later found more, and more and more iron ore.


I now had enough iron ore for my basic needs. I was about to return when I stumbled across a deep, dark, long drop. What was in there? Would I find diamonds? That my friends is for another episode.


I did realise in this post that in my whole travels I had not found a single monster. I guess I had been lucky so far. Maybe I should return to base to make my armor before exploring the drop.

Well I guess we will have to wait and see. Until then readers, stay geeky.

SighFye

No comments:

Post a Comment