Monday 11 May 2015

Kill The Beast: Ep2: Attack of the Cave Spiders

Last week I left you on the edge of a deep chasm, wondering what would be down there.
Well I decided to walk away from the chasm and take my iron ore home. After all a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. I had 33 iron ore which was more than enough to make myself a full set of iron armor. I threw the iron ore in my furnace and decided to make haste on building some walls. After all I hadn't seen any monsters yet so they were sure to be coming soon enough.

A full cobblestone wall with a trench around the sides will prevent any monsters from coming in. I suddenly hear the groans of a zombie and decided it was time to collect first blood. The zombie was in a small hole in the ground which lead no where but it was the beginning of many battles.
 Back at base i made myself a full iron suit and all the iron tools I needed. With an iron axe I collected wood to build my roof and secure my base with heavy doors.
With my base secure and my armor complete it was time to return to the chasm. Heading into the cave I stumbled across another zombie and prepared to attack.
I was getting lost in the cave and couldn't find my way back to the chasm. Without warning I fell. The fall must have been about ten to twenty block high but I survived with minimal damage.
I looked down to realise I had fallen into the chasm I was looking for. A stroke of luck had me land on a small ledge. This could have been the end of my quest so early into the game. I had to be more careful.
I decided to head down, after all this is why I wanted to come back. Digging a stair well  into the edge of the wall I found myself at a cave. The chasm went deeper but I wanted to explore this level first.
 Things were starting to get confusing within my cave and I was afraid I would not find my way home. A torch on the ground would be a perfect sign to follow. 
Following the cave I emerged at the surface. A quick look around I noticed I was right near my wheat field. Mental note: this may be a quicker way home from here.
I headed back into the cave and made another mistake. I accidentally cut the stone underneath me while descending the chasm and once again I fell. This time much further and I landed much harder.
I think if I had done this without my armor I would surely be dead. Luck favoured me on this episode and in more ways than saving my life. I looked around and found I had fallen right onto a mineshaft.

I could hear the sounds of spiders running close by. Lots of spiders. I climbed onto the platform and was attacked by a poison cave spider. I managed to kill it but I was poisoned. My health dropped quickly.

It stopped within a few hearts from death. I quickly ate a chicken to bring up my health and went forward on my journey. Around the next corner I stumbled upon a cave spider spawner. Cave spiders came at me from every corner. Each one of them delivered a poisonous bite. But once again luck shined on me. I had just enough food to keep my health up and just enough time to fight each spider separately. In the flurry of spiders I didn't get a chance to get a screenshot but I did manage to destoroy the spawner.
After being so close to death, so many times, it was time to call it a day. I headed back to base and made my mind up to explode the mine system next week.


If you like this series please +1 the post and share it with your friends. You can also add me on twitter.

Until next time, Happy Mining.

SighFye

No comments:

Post a Comment