Friday 5 June 2015

Get The Most From Steam


Recently I have found a few things that Steam can do that is really cool and I wanted to share them with you.

1) Game Sharing: I was playing on my account on Bel's computer when I noticed at the bottom of my library: "Bellistik's Games" and a list of her games. I decided to click on one I knew was installed and see what happened. A request was sent to Bel's account asking her permission for me to share her games on her computer. I logged into her account and accepted the request. I was then able to play her games, on my account. Now this was cool enough but what made it better, the game was treated as though it was my game. I didn't have to play her game. So now, I have in my library, ALL of her games and ALL of mine.

2) Game Streaming: Today I saw Bel's games again but this time on my computer. Once again I decided to try and play it but this time, play was replaced with stream, so I clicked stream. Her game then loaded on my PC. And I was able to play it. Now I want to point out that my lappy is not good enough to play some of the games but this time I was able to play. I looked at Bel's computer and steam had given me control with my keyboard and mouse.

3) Download without using bandwidth: As previous mentioned by Lloyd, you can set up steam to download your games from freezone servers only. I won't go into this as Lloyd already wrote a post about it. If interested in this you can read the original post here.

4) Remote Downloading: Damn I forgot to set that game to download and I'm out on the town. Well you can log into your account via the webpage and start a download from there. Then when you get home your game will be ready and waiting for you.

And these are the things I have found which I didn't know myself. Now you can get more out of Steam :D

No comments:

Post a Comment