Friday 12 June 2015

No Love For PC In Black Ops 3



Since I heard that Black Ops 3 was being released I have been on the search for a server browser within the game. Day after day I Google it. I want to play CoD but what's the point in buying a game that will lack players in less than a year.

The PCdev recently made a tweet which gave a lot of the PC community hope.
However as I mentioned in a previous post, the term dedicated servers is misunderstood. Black Ops 1 and 2 had dedicated servers in all ranked matches. As does Ghost & Advanced Warfare. However the only one that had a server browser was Black Ops 1. Dedicated servers means there is an actual server that the game is played in rather then the game being hosted on one of the players PCs.

You may notice that when playing zombies in Black Ops 1, when the host left, the game ended. This is because there was not a dedicated server but the game was hosted on the host's computer. However with the ranked multiplayer matches the server would remain there even if all players left. This is dedicated servers.

Now I recently watched the video below on YouTube. This explains a different use of a matchmaking system to not put you back in the same server if you leave that server. Matchmaking equals no server browser.


So once again, this year's Call of Duty (or as Vanellope Von Schweetz would say Call of Doody, which I think is quite fitting for the PC gamers) is another Call of Duty I will not be getting and I think is my last Call of Duty I will look at.


No comments:

Post a Comment