Monday 12 January 2015

A Christmas Present, A Minecraft Idea

Hello SighFye Here.

This year I received a two week late Christmas present. A new watch. But not any old watch. This watch is a binary watch. It displays the time in binary code. It's stylish, geek and oh so hard to read lol.



As mentioned in a previous post my laptop isn't the best. It's a shitty laptop that can play vanilla Minecraft on all the lowest settings. Since the recent 2G RAM upgrade I can now set things up at high settings. So in the minecraft area, I am happy. I have recently started to play more with redstone and push my knowledge of it to the limits. Now my knowledge is, it can open doors and push blocks. That's about it.

When my watch came in the idea came to me. I am going to build a redstone binary clock. There were a few things I needed to think about before I start. Like, how to use redstone. I knew the basics but advanced machinery was not in my list of skills. But I learn best on the fly.

So after a few days of nutting it out, here is my design.



During my days in linux hell and my rage format. I actually lost the world that held this build. At first I was a little upset but then I realised, I know how to build it and now I can make it run faster. I have already started the build and it does work a lot faster already.

So when I have finished it into an actual clock, I will post it again.

Thanks again reader.

SighFye

Oh, I am a little excited for today. We got some extra cash in today so I am hopefully going to start my new pc build. It wont be the strongest of build as its a motherboard and CPU that was given to me. The motherboard has shared graphics which I am told suck. It should at least open me up to play some more games. If it sucks to bad I can always replace the motherboard.

No comments:

Post a Comment