Saturday 10 January 2015

In My Day....

Heya, Bellistik here!

Things I loved growin' up in the 90's and early 2000's...

Remember when you had to blow the Nintendo cartridge to get it working?



Remember playing Mortal Kombat and trying to perform fatalities?


I'm sure my mum would have preferred it if we performed hospitality...


Awesome consoles and video games!



How about the motivation to wake up and get ready for school quickly so you could watch morning cartoons!


Or spend Saturday morning in front of the tele



Or flip over to dance in front of your favourite songs on Video Hits!




Captain Planet, a super hero encouraging kids to keep our planet clean. Enough said.

Those nights waiting for your favourite songs to come onto the radio so you could quickly hit record to make a mix tape. My friends and I also recorded ourselves singing and random silliness. One time we even hit record every time we laughed just to make a straight tape of giggling. Good times...


Discussing with friends which Spice Girl you would be




And sporting platforms!


Butterfly clips in ya hair...


And/or mini buns



Snap bracelets on ya wrist with those funky 90's patterns


Don't forget those tinted sunnies

  
With all that amazing fashion you thought... no, you knew you were



Screw sleep! You got up in the middle of the night to feed your Tamagotchi


Falling in love with guys in boy bands




Being in love with Dawson because Joey loved him...




And falling in love with Pacey when Joey loved him... lol


And when your mum said "I thought you liked Dawson?" You'd reply,


I <3 being a 90's kid but I best stop there or I'll be here forever..


What do you love from your childhood?


No comments:

Post a Comment