Thursday 8 January 2015

Complications of a Protection Paladin

Rotation

Since not playing World of Warcraft for 3 years, I'd forgotten how complicated things can be to set up when you're at higher levels. I've always appreciated that WoW is a game anyone can start playing easily, the beginning is easy-peasy-Japanesey and you're introduced to the details one or two at a time such as spells and talents. As you play, things become more complicated and you find yourself researching and asking the community what's what! Such as which stats to focus on, where to put talent points, how to gem and enchant and even which add-ons to grab.

So I'd left my Prot Pally epically geared in Cataclysm, came back two days ago and my HUD was a mess! Buttons everywhere, bags full, I was lost because in the past I'd had the add-on, Bartender, along with many others so last night I had to remember my rotation to even play! I downloaded Bartender4 for my action bars and ArkInventory for my bags then headed to a Tankadin guide to figure out my rotation. Head here for the rotation I use.


Rotation
I set up my buttons according to rotation and grouping such as putting all my hands together, all my emergency buttons together and my disrupt buttons together. I wrote out the rotation and practiced on a dummy, once practicing it all came back to me, phew! It's easier than I realised but I still need to look at my talents, glyphs and remember all the add-ons I used to have! I also emptied my bags a little and am looking forward to heading out!

Here's my HUD so far:



When I'm out and about I'll be testing my set-up! I do believe it's more organised so far than my usual :P. I'm sure once playing I'll make some changes.

I still need to:
  1. Remember which add-on it was that moved my Character head and my target so I can put them down closer to my buttons to better see what's happening with mine and my enemy's health.
  2. Find an add on so I'm be able to see my party/raid easily in case people need http://www.wowhead.com/spell=4987 or  my healer needs an emergency heal such as http://www.wowhead.com/spell=633 etc. 
  3. Put in my unused talent points.
  4. Check my glyphs and see if I need to put some in.
  5. Download a threat meter.
  6. Sort out my bags and bank and get rid of epics which are now useless. I hate sorting my bags, I'm such a girl, and a messy one at that, everything is everywhere and I hoard things because I think maybe one day I'll use it for Transmogrification. I really should be a Tauren on Horde because I hoard and I'm a Taurus which is one of the reasons I hoard! Taurus' love pretty things! However, that's also why I'm not a Tauren, they're not pretty! Haha! I've also realised this is why I like my Paladin, her spells are shiny and pretty but she's also a toughy! :D

If you know of any add-ons you think I should have or have any tips for my HUD, let me know!

~Bellistik
 aka Venuss on Dath'Remar

No comments:

Post a Comment