Thursday 1 January 2015

The Bellistik in me...

I gave up gaming about 2 years ago to get back to nature, kids and housework. I needed a little more real life and less Nuketown. I sold my PC to a lady who I hope is looking after it well, even if she is only playing The Sims.

I'd not long put in a new graphics card in my matte black, silent tower so I was able to play Black Ops 2 and BF3 on a little higher settings, she had been built 3-4 years prior, although she was beginning to show her age when it came to the latest titles, she still kicked harder and pulled better ping than many other PC's.

After selling it, we got into real life a little more and we enjoyed it. However, I never really seemed to pick up another hobby. I continued with all my usual hobbies, some I picked up a little more than before and we also had a new baby. Two months ago we moved to a tiny country town to live closer to nature.

We'd been talking about going what I call Full Hippie, we were going to buy a block of land in the middle of nowhere, build our own house by hand with earth bags and wood, grow a Permaculture garden and live off the grid with little to no power. Since moving here, still with electricity and community, I realised that I'd thought I wanted the Hippie life because I felt so stressed in the city but now I feel amazing, I don't feel I need to be in the middle of nowhere, meditating on a rock daily, eating nothing but home grown goodness, singing Kumbaya to be happy. We are still starting a veggie garden, we are still talking about buying a block of land but perhaps with a house on it already or maybe even just the house we're in now... and most probably with internet and power.

One of the biggest lessons (and there were many) I received out of this situation is to just be myself and part of being myself is that I'm a gamer. Gaming is one of my favourite hobbies. I don't like watching TV or relaxing not doing much all the time, I enjoy getting immersed into a game, striving to win while chatting and having fun with like minded folk. The last 2 years of not gaming has also taught me that I don't want to game a lot like I used to.  My fiance and I ran a successful social gaming clan for 2 years which was amazing but also full on!

For Christmas my lovely Fiance, Tom (aka SighFye) helped me build a gaming rig, I'll be posting about it in my next post!

I'll also be posting about the games I play, my Graphic Design and all things geeky.

Many GG's to come, keep posted until next time ;)

Catch ya!

Bellistik    

No comments:

Post a Comment