Saturday 10 January 2015

To Return, or Not Return. That is the question.

My name is SighFye and I am a geek.

 My fiance Bel, started this blog and at first, I decided to completely copy her idea and make a blog about being a geek. Within a few days, we both decided that it was better if we joined forces and conquered the world. That however is a different story. We also decided to join blogs.

Recently Bel returned to World of Warcraft after receiving a Christmas present from my sister Jemima (Handle: Kitfire). The condition was she played on the same realm (a PvP realm) and as a horde. This of course was a difficult thing as first for Bel to do as she has ALWAYS played Alliance and she is not fond of getting ganked at low levels. However after some thought Bel decided to embrace the horde and try it out. So far she seems to be enjoying it. She even asked me if I would return.



Now Bel has been playing WoW since vanilla. I came in at Cata. The guild she was in, and that I joined, were mainly 85's or people getting a new character to 85. So me with my first level 1 didn't have many members to play with. They did however help out a lot, gave me gold, took me on dungeon runs, but most of the time I was alone.

I eventually got a level 85. He was a draenei pallie that I used as a healer. I named him Marss. My choices for this character were simple. Bel has a draenei pallie as a tank named Venuss. So once I was 85, Venuss and Marss ran together, tank and healer, the perfect team.



I knew my character well and could heal well too. But I soon got frustrated at WoW. At 85 there is no point questing, so the other things are high level dungeons and raids. The guild constantly went into dungeons so I went with them.

This was my experience of high level dungeons...
  1. Party up and get excited.
  2. Fight our way through trash mob
  3. Die on trash mobs. Ok that's cool, it happens.
  4. Respawn, meet back up and...
  5. Die on the same trash mob. Now that's not cool but still it happens...
  6. Respawn, meet back up
  7. Kill trash mob and get to boss
Now if you know programming I am going to explain this next bit with a bit of code.

sane = true;
sanityBarrier = math.random(1000)
times = 0;
do
{
    spend_20_Minutes_Trying_To_Kill_Boss();
    die_from_the_boss();
    add_damage_to_gear();
    respawn_and_meet_back_up();
    times += 1;
    if(times > sanityBarrier)
    {
          sane = false;
    }

}while(sane)
rage_quit();
never_play_wow_again();



For those that do not understand let me explain. Try to kill the boss as many times as your sanity barrier can handle. Dying a million times and damaging  your gear. Repeat this so many fucking times until you can no longer stand the sight of wow anymore... Then PAY FOR YOUR FUCKING REPAIRS!!!!!!

Rant Over...

So back to the question to return, or not return?

While I was playing WoW I always wanted to try a PvP server, but I liked playing with Bel and she wasn't too keen. I also wanted to try horde. Now both of these are open to play. And even if Bel doesn't continue to play there, I always have Kitfire and I can switch between the two realms.

So, IF, I decide to return to WoW, I will need to buy MoP and WoD. Which just a small rant, I basically need to buy all WoW again because they have added MoP into a single buy with all other expansions except WoD.

There is then of course the subscription, which is a little annoying. I always wanted to try the game Eve Online but never went there because of the subscription. Maybe I should try that game instead.



There is also the issue with my shitty lappy that struggles to play vanilla minecraft on lowest settings D:

So I am left without an answer to my question...

To Return, or Not Return... That truely is the question.

Until next time, Happy Gaming.

SighFye

No comments:

Post a Comment